Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sunshine and stuck indoors pulling.

So the sun was out in force today, an unusual state in England but I did not venture outdoors once. As you may know if you have trich it is not just a solitary disorder, it is best friends with some other glorious and debilitating mental illnesses (not in all cases) like depression and anxiety. I have the misfortune of having both along with now as it stands in my life or existence, borderline agoraphobia. I have not always been this way. A number of external stressors over the years, and panic attacks if and when I venture out without my anti anxiety meds topped off with a cherry of baldness on top.
But.. I do want change for the better and this is one of the reasons that I have started this blog.

I have such a headache at the moment and the pulling has not helped. Everyday, I tell myself tomorrow I will stop but here tomorrow turns in to today and still searching for that elusive "Perfect hair" and then I will stop. I really want to stop as it is so awful a fact to tear ones hair out. I know that I am not alone and neither are you if you are reading this and can identify.

Sending pull free vibes and support,
trichy girl x

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I got your email about starting your blog. I finally made it over here to check it out. I haven't been posting much lately, but I'll add your URL to my links for pullers. I hope you might do the same for mine. Thanks for helping to get the word out about this disorder. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. I just stumbled across your blog today. I think you're off to a great start. :)

    Writing about this stuff is so helpful. Even though it can sometimes feel like no one is listening, it's good to get your feelings out there. Starting my blog was possibly the best thing I've done in relation to my trich - I hope the same applies to you. Feel free to message me if you ever need a chat or anything. I may not know you but I feel for you, I really do.

    Pull free vibes,
    Cat. x

    ReplyDelete